The Greater San Fransisco Area

Continuing my quest to travel the world.

It has been my quest to cycle around the world for a very long time, although I have ticked off 16 countries to date, I still haven't achieved the ultimate goal of cycling the world. I cannot wait any longer for the conditions to be perfect, age is catching up with me, so it is now or never.

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia
After our trip to Vietnam in 2012.

Tuesday 28 June 2011

I think I'm going blind!

Bob the cat helping me with counting kilometres.

I'm going cross - eyed. I'm sure my eyesight has deteriorated in the last 6 months. I've spent so many hours with a magnifying glass staring intently at maps, trying to add up kilometres that I've had countless headaches.Every time I think I've got the right amount of kilometers eked out over the right amount of days, I discover something wrong and have to start from the beginning again.

Instead of going to bed counting sheep, I'm counting kilometres, and wake up in the morning after a bad nights sleep, thinking I know where I've gone wrong, and start counting again. Then I discover I've left no time for the time delays involved at borders getting visas  etc to enter another country. Start counting again.


Honestly I feel like I'm going insane. Every time I mention the latest discrepancy in kilometres to Niel, he just rolls his eyes. Occasionally he actually say's something really unhelpful like :"I'll only be doing this once, so I want to do some sight seeing". What!!?! Your racing around the world - RACING and you want to go sight seeing! I know he's a strong rider but racing around the world and sight seeing...........Oh I know, it's so he can blame me when things go awry, as men are likely to do.

I think I'll go back to counting those kilometres. Hmm .....can he do 250kms over this mountain range??  Hmm maybe not - my sanity is at stake here. 100,200....

No comments:

Post a Comment