The Greater San Fransisco Area

Continuing my quest to travel the world.

It has been my quest to cycle around the world for a very long time, although I have ticked off 16 countries to date, I still haven't achieved the ultimate goal of cycling the world. I cannot wait any longer for the conditions to be perfect, age is catching up with me, so it is now or never.

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia
After our trip to Vietnam in 2012.

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Climate Change?

We've just been hit by a weather bomb. Torrential rain that is predicted to carry on for at least another 27 hours before it begins to ease off. I hope we won't be under water by then. Is it climate change? you can't help but question it. Has our normally tepid climate gone tropical with monsoon rain?  5 floods in a year is unheard of before. I shouldn't have bothered spraying those roses for Mildew!!

Those roses are on a raised bed 1/2 a meter above the ground.





I wonder if we will actually get a summer. It is not looking very positive. I'll tell you what though, it looks like we won't get a drought this year - that's a good thing. And it costs us less in electricity pumping water out of the ground as there is no need to irrigate. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Our garage is above ground, so luckily the vespas and Combi are fine - so far.





I've been rerouting the trip, to include me joining Niel in SE Asia and Morocco. I've also been reversing the rest  of his trip to make the most of the seasons now that he is starting from home instead of London. So I have had plenty to occupy myself. I have also ordered next years firewood. Luckily it won't come today as the road has been officially closed by the powers that be.

A closed road but the trucks still get through - for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment