The Greater San Fransisco Area

Continuing my quest to travel the world.

It has been my quest to cycle around the world for a very long time, although I have ticked off 16 countries to date, I still haven't achieved the ultimate goal of cycling the world. I cannot wait any longer for the conditions to be perfect, age is catching up with me, so it is now or never.

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia
After our trip to Vietnam in 2012.

Monday 9 January 2012

Deep South

We are in the deep south. It's a funny expression when you think about it. The North isn't called the shallow  north. Hmm that is begging for a sarcastic jibe, but I won't take the bait.Invercargill is the closest city to Antarctica. It definitely has a certain feel to it. Sort of like " I'm from the back of beyond and I'm proud of it".

Closer to the south pole than the equator.


It's been very windy, so windy I have been blown off the road several times today. I had to ride in 3rd gear instead of 4th, as I couldn't get enough power fighting into the wind. poor Niel, had to ride his bike into this wind and it completely wore him out.The locals say that this is typical for this area, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

A much needed picnic on the side of the road.




Well we are heading North again. If we start early we may just get some distance before the wind gets too strong again. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment