The Greater San Fransisco Area

Continuing my quest to travel the world.

It has been my quest to cycle around the world for a very long time, although I have ticked off 16 countries to date, I still haven't achieved the ultimate goal of cycling the world. I cannot wait any longer for the conditions to be perfect, age is catching up with me, so it is now or never.

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia
After our trip to Vietnam in 2012.

Thursday 11 July 2013

Half way.


Halfway across Canada. We are in Winnipeg, which is considered the halfway point across Canada, however for us halfway will be in a few days when we cross in to the US at Fort Frances / International Falls.

 


The Eastern side of Saskatchewan was much nicer than the rest of the province, with forests and small hills, if you imagined that the yellow Lucerne in flower were sunflowers then you could almost think you were in France.  Broadview, where we spent the night, was infact a very pretty  village and had won some awards for environmental awareness, Manitoba is much prettier than Saskatchewan. It even has forests of Oaks. One campground we stayed at even had squirrels running up and down the tree trunks, I felt like I was in England.

 
Look a real forest.

My feet have healed up with the use of bandages and socks. My persistent cold has all but gone, and even my cracked lips are not stinging any more. So my body is as good as I can expect it to be.

 


We are about to head  south to the US, and that is through a myriad of lakes and  forests, we will be back in Bear country.  We have never left Mosquito country. I am sure there is not a single part of my body they haven’t bitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment